If you’re running out of space in your WSUS database, you might decline updates and run the Cleanup Wizard; however, this Cleanup tool doesn’t actually clean the database, leading to sluggish and slow operations.
To easily clean up your WSUS database, there’s only one solution: download and install WAM (WSUS Automated Maintenance). WAM is a software solution—created by Adam J. Marshall—that automates all WSUS maintenance, allowing you to focus your time and attention on more pressing tasks.
How WAM Works
After purchasing a yearly license, follow the directions for our easy installation. Once installed, WAM will:
- Back-up the database
- If using the Drivers category, remove currently listed drivers to clean up the bulk of the drivers that are old and not used
- Decline multiple types of updates including superseded, beta, preview, expired and Itanium by default
- Compress update revisions
- Clean up computer objects
- Rename OS descriptions to make it easier to identify systems
- Clean up the synchronization logs with the upstream server (Microsoft or other)
- Remove declined updates from the database
- Run the database maintenance routine
- Run the Server Cleanup Wizard (SCW)
When first running our software, customers are astonished at how much space they can free up. We post removal records over 300GB and currently, our first place award is 1636.88GB of space freed. Try our software and see if you can beat the current removal record.
WAM is available as a yearly license through AJ Tek. Licenses are extremely affordable, starting at only $90 USD a year for a single/upstream license!
WSUS Automated Maintenance (WAM) system was developed by AJ Tek and is used by system administrators worldwide—from Australia to Antarctica. With over 50,000 unique downloads, it’s the preferred method of WSUS maintenance worldwide.