Banks have strict protocols when it comes to security and it can be hard for system administrators to ensure that WSUS servers are properly maintained with critical security upgrades. With WAM, you can purchase licenses that match your WSUS configuration so that you can easily automate maintenance, even in high-security industries like the banking sector.
WAM is flexible and you only buy the licenses you need for your system. Simply purchase the basic Single or Upstream license for every server that connects directly to Microsoft Update to download updates. You can also purchase additional Downstream or Disconnected Downstream WAM licenses to match your configuration.
WAM allows system administrators in the banking sector to:
- Remove drivers from the WSUS database
- Shrink WSUS content folder by declining superseded updates
- Remove declined updates from the WSUS database
- Clean out the synchronization logs
- Rename the operating system descriptions of client systems to something that is easy to understand and is based on their editions and versions.
- Compress update revisions
- Remove obsolete updates
- Run the recommended SQL database maintenance script on the actual SQL database
- Run the Server Cleanup Wizard
The best thing about WAM is that you simply let the software work in the background while you attend to more pressing issues. When the run is complete, you’ll receive an emailed report.
WSUS Automated Maintenance (WAM) system was developed by AJ Tek and is used by system administrators worldwide—from Australia to Antarctica. With over 50,000 unique downloads, it’s the preferred method of WSUS maintenance worldwide.
“While spending countless hours trolling the internet looking for WSUS fixes and assistance, I kept coming across great feedback on the WSUS Automated Maintenance software. The hype is real – WAM has made a massive difference to my WSUS installation – I can’t imagine carrying out WSUS maintenance any other way! It’s so easy!”
- Justin Poppi, Technical Specialist
Port Hedland Seafarers Centre, Australia