It’s that time again! Time to upgrade to the newest version of WAM so your WSUS maintenance stays as easy and breezy as can be. Here’s a summary of what’s new with the latest version of WAM.
Some big feature changes include:
- Feature: Added support for using Group Managed Service Accounts to run WAM.
- Feature: Added support for Centralized Certificate Stores to the SSLExpiryWarning notification.
- Feature: Added a decline for Windows 11 23H2 to the Decline Multiple Types of Updates stream.
Other features include:
- Feature: Added the FolderPermissionChecks notification to ensure that WSUS related folders all have their required permissions.
- Feature: Added the IISConfiguration notification to check if the WSUS IIS website is configured incorrectly.
- Feature: Added the ContentDirectoriesMatch notification to check that all WSUS related paths point to the same folder (and are correctly configured).
- Feature: Added the WsusPoolIdentity notification to check that the WSUS application pool is running as the NetworkService user.
- Feature: Added the WAMUpdateCheck notification to notify users if new updates for WAM are available to download, as well as what has changed between the current version of WAM and the new version. This feature requires an Internet connection and access to http://www.ajtek.ca to check for updates, and can be easily disabled by disabling the WAMUpdateCheck notification.
We also completed several important bug fixes, including:
- Bug Fix: Fixed SQLDatabaseBackup stream hanging when failing to install required PowerShell modules.
- Bug Fix: Fixed DBO not being set properly in the InstallTask stream for WSUS installations using a local SQL server.
- Bug Fix: Fixed WAM not reporting errors when it is no longer functional.
- Bug Fix: Fixed several errors in the SSLExpiryWarning notification.
You’ll also notice a bunch of useful updates, like:
- Update: Optimized the Remove Drivers SQL script (thanks to Dan Ringhiser).
- Update: Updated notices for impending WAM expirations to better reflect what action should be taken.
- Update: Updated licence checking to be more resilient with network errors.
- Update: Removed an unused variable from the WAM configuration.
- Installer: Overhauled the installer to provide a better user experience.
Save Time & Your Server, Get WAM
We’re IT admins ourselves. That’s why we work so hard to make WAM a user-friendly tool that you can always count on. We continue to modify and improve the WAM experience for busy IT professionals like yourself so you can save time and money. With a WAM subscription, whenever you have questions or need help, our support team is there.
At AJ Tek, our vision is to make IT simple and automated for other IT professionals. Our flagship product is WAM, WSUS Automated Maintenance. This system performs all of the tasks that a WSUS Administrator needs to do to maintain WSUS properly only leaving the approving of updates and reporting to the WSUS Administrator.