Here at AJ Tek, we are extremely proud of the work we’ve accomplished in creating our WSUS Automated Maintenance (WAM) software. System administrators and IT professionals around the world have been using and enjoying our software since we first released it publicly in 2015, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been adding to and perfecting it ever since. Whether you are a longtime user, or are deciding if you want to purchase your first license, here are some of the most exciting new features introduced with the newest version of WAM!
- New shell for WAM that will contain all utility functions, instead of passing switches to Clean-Wsus.ps1.
- New Module called WAMTools that is imported into the WAM Shell to expose the tools.
- Added the ability to disable individual notices from being included in reports.
- Added notices when the WSUS install is not at the recommended settings (SSLEnabled, ApplicationPoolMemory, SchUseStrongCrypto, QueueLength, LimitInterval, LoadBalancerCapabilities, MaxRequestLength, ExecutionTimeout). These checks will happen every time Clean-WSUS.ps1 is run and will be included in the report only if your system needs adjustments made to it.
- Added support for Windows 10 Pro Education, Windows 10 Education editions, and Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation in Rename OS Descriptions.
- Added a workaround to the Arithmetic Overflow error that has started causing problems with some customers who have hundreds of thousands of updates in the metadata. This Arithmetic Overflow is caused in IIS attempting to proxy data coming from the database.
- New Tool – Add-ESDMimetype/Remove-ESDMimetype/Reset-ESDMimetype
- New Tool – Get-SchUseStrongCrypto/Set-SchUseStrongCrypto
- New Tool – Get-WsusIISLoadBalancerCapabilities/Set-WsusIISLoadBalancerCapabilities
While these are the main highlights from our most recent software update, there are even more new features, bug fixes, and updates that we didn’t list above. If you want to see the full release notes, feel free to click here!
Any active and future WAM licenses can now access these newest features and upgrades, as well as all the previous features included in older versions of WAM. As always, if you have any questions or concerns about how you can utilize these new features, we are always available for prompt support.
Why You Should Choose WAM For Your Server
WAM is by far the most superior and easiest to use WSUS automated maintenance software on the market. Using PowerShell & SQL to carry out the maintenance outlined in Microsoft’s recommended maintenance guide, plus additional tasks, this software runs daily on your server, far exceeding Microsoft’s own recommendations of monthly maintenance. Not only is this an extremely hands off WSUS tool, but installation itself is extremely simple, and once installed, WAM has proven to reduce a massive amount of used up disk space, with our most current removal record holder getting rid of 2279.93GB worth of server waste – yes that’s 2.279 TB of wasted data.
WAM is available as an extremely affordable yearly license through AJ Tek, starting at only $90 USD a year for a single/upstream license! As mentioned before, you’ll also have access to reliable online support for the length of your subscription.
At AJ Tek, our vision is to make IT simple and automated for other IT professionals. Our flagship product is WAM, WSUS Automated Maintenance. This system performs all of the tasks that a WSUS Administrator needs to do to maintain WSUS properly only leaving the approving of updates and reporting to the WSUS Administrator.